We believe every Maine student deserves an opportunity to succeed and that success benefits Scholars as well as all Maine communities.
Mitchell Scholars have a longstanding tradition of supporting their communities and strengthening Maine’s workforce. Ninety percent of Mitchell Scholars who graduated in 2022 reported planning to live and work in Maine or return to the state after a short while, 66% of all Mitchell Scholar Alumni who graduated since 2000 live and work in the state, and more than half volunteered in their communities last year.
Mitchell Scholars: A Human Endowment of Leadership That Serves Communities Statewide
A sample of Mitchell Scholars who are living and working in Maine
- Henry Beck ’05 (Waterville Senior H.S., Colby), Maine State Treasurer
- Dustin Brooks ’04 (Southern Aroostook, Bowdoin), VP, Marketing Strategy, Unum
- Mary Chase ’02 (Skowhegan H.S., UMF), History Teacher, Skowhegan H.S.
- Sadia Crosby ’13 (Morse H.S., UMaine), Browntail Moth Researcher, UMaine
- Tony DiSotto ’01 (Jay H.S., Colby), President, KeyBank
- Kate Durost ’03 (George Stevens, UMaine), Legislative Aide, Senator Angus King
- Logan Edwards ’07 (Southern Aroostook, UMaine), Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, Coast of Maine Organic Products
- Kasey Erlebach ’16 (Freeport H.S., UMF), English Teacher, Gardner Area H.S.
- Sean Findlen ’95 (Fort Fairfield H.S., Bates), AVP, Enterprise Communications, Unum
- Malinda Gagnon ’99 (Telstar H.S., Bates), President & CEO, Uprise Partners
- Wendy Gibbs ’12 (Mount View H.S., UMaine), VP, Bangor Savings Bank
- Kayla Girardin ’13 (Presque Isle H.S., UMF), Project Associate, Great Schools Partnership
- Cassandra Grantham ’00 (Falmouth H.S., Colby), COO, Greater Portland Health
- Kacie Guerrette ’12 (Fort Fairfield H.S., Husson), Clinical Pharmacist, Northern Light Health
- Brian Harris ’07 (Penobscot H.S., UMaine), CEO & Founder, MedRhythms
- Emmaly Jurson ’10 (Hodgdon H.S., UMFK), Nurse, Houlton Regional Hospital
- Amarinda Keys ’10 (Noble H.S., Colby), Executive Director, Children’s Discovery Museum of Central Maine
- Mariah Kimball ’10 (Oxford Hills H.S., UMaine), ER Nurse, MaineHealth
- Josh Kingsbury ’99 (Brewer H.S., Bowdoin), Psychologist, Kingsbury Counseling
- Jason Long ’01 (South Portland H.S., Bowdoin), Principal, Dirigo Middle School
- Keri Lyle ’02 (Massabesic H.S., UMaine), Founder, Birch Collaborative Career Coaching
- Dawn Madore-Bourgoin ’99 (Schenck H.S., UMaine) Controller, PAF Transportation
- Sarah McKeown ’08 (Leavitt H.S., UMF), Math Teacher, Cape Elizabeth H.S.
- Tristan Noyes ’01 (Caribou H.S., Bowdoin), Executive Director, Maine Grain Alliance
- Alisia Revitt ’98 (Mount View H.S., Bowdoin) Library Systems Manager, Maine InfoNet
- Chris Rogeski ’02 (Fort Fairfield H.S., Thomas), Application Administrator, Tyler Technologies
- Ideh Rohani ’02 (Edward Little H.S., USM) Public Health Nurse, City of Portland
- Ellen Sabina ’05 (Lincoln Academy, Bates), Director, Maine Farmland Trust
- Paige Sprague ’14 (Washington Academy, USM), Homeland Security Specialist, Passamaquoddy Tribal Government
- Josh Tardif ’07 (Caribou H.S., Husson), Pharmacy Manager, Walgreens, Auburn
- Lauren Turcotte Seavey ’22 (Bangor H.S., UMaine), Marketing & Engagement Associate, UMaine Alumni Association
What Alumni in Maine Do for Work
Watch Mitchell Scholar and Bowdoin College graduate Hunter Steele explain why he would apply for the Mitchell Scholarship even “if it were only for a dollar.”